It’s time for a pop quiz! Don’t worry… There’s just one question.
Who’s in charge of your life?
If you answered “I am,” then congratulations! You’re right. You are the only person ultimately in charge of your life – good or bad, right or wrong, healthy or not, happy or not.
The power to create the life you want is within YOU, nestled alongside that awesome concept of personal responsibility. They’re joined at the hip, those two, and that’s what I want to write about today.
This is on my mind because I sometimes hear from people who feel they have no control over their lives.
• They’re too overweight.
• They don’t have energy to exercise.
• They’re tired and cranky all the time, no matter what they do to change how they feel.
So, let’s clear this up right now.
The key to unlocking your own power and exercising more control over your life is understanding that it’s all on you. You hold the reins.
This means you get to “take credit” for all the good stuff in your life – because you have woven them all together into your awesome, beautiful life.
Even the “bad” stuff that was done to you. Granted, it might not have been your “fault,” but it’s now your responsibility to make it better. If you don’t, then who will?
Once you start to see this, I want you to think about these ideas next.
1. Harness the Strength of Your Past. Your past is your greatest source of inner strength. Remember your successes and take inspiration from your own self! YOU DID ALL THOSE THINGS! Similarly, remember your setbacks and learn from them.
2. Set SMART Goals. Let’s get strategic. Your goals should be Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, and Time-bound. Track your progress, adapt as needed, and dance a little victory jig for every small win.
3. Boldly Declare Your Path: Tell others and yourself about your new direction. Do this without apology. Too often we mumble something like, “Well, I guess I shouldn’t really say this, but I would like to be…” Nonsense! Say it. Own it. Do it.
4. Weave a Supportive Network: Help others, share your opinion when it’s needed, and help where you can. By the same token, don’t be shy to ask for help when you need it. Yes, asking for help is part of being powerful. Just ask any powerful person you admire!
5. Take Care of Yourself – Body, Mind and Spirit: Our well-being is non-negotiable. Care for your body with exercise, nourishing food, and restful sleep. Cultivate your mind through positive habits and manage stress. Speak your emotions, embrace spiritual practices that resonate with you – even on tough days.
This journey isn’t always a breeze. But every step you take builds on the one before. Success begets success. Power grows more power. And it’s all in YOU. If you’d like to see if fitness coaching, endurance coaching, nutrition & lifestyle coaching, performance coaching, or a combination of any of these is right for you, I invite you to apply HERE today so you can start working towards your goals before 2023 ends!