As we’re in the holiday season, I can’t help but reflect on the way nature’s cycles can inspire us to set meaningful goals and reevaluate our priorities. Winter approaches, and I can slow down, take stock, and ponder what truly matters.
I like to lay the groundwork for a plan that I can kick into gear when spring starts breathing life back into the world. The momentum carries me through the energizing days of summer, and if I’m still on it in the fall, I get an extra burst of inspiration from the changing colors, even though it’s very slight in Southern California.
This year, make a pact to embrace the late fall and early winter as a season of introspection. Ask yourself, “What’s one significant aspect of my life that I’d like to see undergo a positive shift, and what am I willing to do to make it happen?”
So, pour yourself a cup of tea, cuddle up under a warm blanket, and let’s chat…
- Identify the Area: Chances are, you already have an inkling of what you’d like to transform. Is it related to your fitness, your eating habits, or another dimension of your wellbeing? Perhaps it’s your career, or maybe a certain relationship. The specific area isn’t as important as choosing one to focus on.
- Set SMART Goals: Craft your goals with precision. Some should be short-term, while others can take you through several months or more. Make sure they’re SMART: Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, and Time-Bound.
- Plan Your Actions: Outline the steps necessary to reach your goals. Will it mean revamping your resume and LinkedIn profile? Perhaps hiring a personal trainer, mastering meal prep, or finding an accountability partner?
- Seek Support: Having some form of support is a game-changer, no matter what you’re pursuing. It might be the wisdom of a career mentor or the comfort of catching up with friends over a cup of coffee.
- Embrace the Journey: Sometimes we get so caught up in goals that we neglect to enjoy what we’re doing. But, like the seasons, everything comes and goes on its own time, so don’t fight it too much!
You are a part of nature, just like the seasons. So, tap into their rhythms to help you create positive change in your life.
PS – This holiday season, I invite you to prioritize your well-being through my exclusive beta program, RevitalizeYOU: 12-Week Holiday Fitness Program that starts this Monday, November 27th! It’s a lower cost and shorter duration compared to my usual offerings, as my goal is to make high-quality fitness and wellness accessible to as many people as possible, especially during a time when we could all use a boost. Check it out HERE!