All right! You’ve almost made it through the whole year, and you’re not about to throw away your hard-won progress over a few weeks of the holidays.
But you still want to enjoy yourself in the festive season, which is anchored by – yep – lots of overindulgence.
No worries. I’ve got you!
Here are seven simple tips to follow this year to maintain your balanced diet over the next few weeks.
- Plan Like a Pro. Map out the next few weeks – travel, family meals, work events, etc. Anticipate how each might affect your eating, and then make plans accordingly. For instance – if you’re going to be driving for a few hours, pack a healthy lunch so you’re not stuck with random fast food.
- Embrace a Variety on Ordinary Days. Prioritize whole foods rich in nutrients, like fruits, vegetables and lean proteins. A month of rockstar eating will absorb a bit of festive fun.
- Do the Same on Big Days. For the grander feasts, or even smaller parties, use smaller plates and load up with the healthy choices first. Aunt Martha’s famous mashed potatoes can wait.
- Keep Drinking… Water, that is! It’s the secret weapon that it’s too easy to forget in December. Even when you get busy with shopping and socializing, and the temps are cooler, remember to hydrate. It’ll keep you feeling full and lessen the effects of too much sugar or alcohol.
- Pay Attention. Throughout the season, don’t consume meals while watching TV or scrolling Facebook. Chew slowly. Enjoy the food. Stop when you’re 80% full.
- Snack Smartly. Avoid the “skip meals” trap. It’ll just make you hungrier later. Keep a healthy snack handy so you don’t get stuck with no good options.
- Remember the Big Picture. Your healthy habits are built to carry you through an occasional overindulgence. Pick your battles! Not every holiday temptation is worth it.
As we wind down this year, I want you to look back at the holidays with a huge smile, not a twinge of regret. With your nutrition game on point, you’ll strut into 2024 feeling fabulous!
PS: 🎁 Don’t Miss Out On Your Free Healthy Holiday Gift Guide! 🌟
As we navigate through the festive season, let’s make it one to remember with the gift of health and wellness! 🎄✨ My Renov8 Fitness Healthy Holiday Gift Guide is packed with handpicked, fitness-inspired presents perfect for everyone on your list.
🏋️♂️ Looking to shed a few pounds? Build muscle? Find that perfect gift with a personal touch? My guide has got you covered! Plus, I’m throwing in an extra special gift just for you 🎁
Ready to make your holiday season healthier and more joyful than ever? 🚀 Get your free guide now HERE!
Here’s to a season of wellness and happiness! 🌈