Summer is all about experiencing the best that life has to offer – and that includes challenging ourselves to grow.
Personal growth and personal health are essential, so let’s weave them together for maximum impact! We hope you get inspired by this list of 5 Ways to Grow through Fitness This Summer. Pick a challenge in these aspects of everyday life and go for it.
- Outdoors. Is there a hike in your area that’s always appealed to you but kind of intimidated you at the same time? Do you want to reach a new “personal best” at an outdoor activity you already enjoy, like running or golf? Exercising outdoors brings added psychological benefits. So, take inspiration from the sunshine, the longer days, and that glorious feeling that anything is possible.
- At the gym. Set a push-goal for attendance – a number of weekly visits that will take a little more effort than might be comfortable. For instance, if you’ve been going twice a week, then try to make it three times a week. Or, if you want to try something different, then pick a different exercise experience each week – a spin class, yoga, weightlifting, etc.
- Cooking. Can you complete your weekly shopping without buying anything that comes in a box? Whole foods, produce, and healthy proteins line the perimeter of most grocery stores. So, it’s easy to avoid all the over-processed junk if you stay away from the aisles of boxes, cans, and bags with long lists of ingredients you can’t pronounce.
- Stress management. If you’re already meditating or praying regularly, take deliberate steps to go deeper in your practice – like reading a book by a mindfulness or spiritual leader you respect. If you’re not, start now and start small. Just a couple of minutes in the morning can make all the difference in helping you stay focused and grateful all day.
- Play more. Let the spirit of summer take you back to childhood, when you had summer vacations from school. You rode your bike, played ball with friends, and threw frisbees in the park. And now you can GROW FORWARD by repeating these little steps from the past. Smile, laugh, and have a good time! It’s good for you. Maybe this is why studies show that we burn more calories naturally during summer than winter!
Tap into the abundant sunshine, good vibes, and energy of summer. It truly is the season for growth, so don’t miss out.
PS – We challenge you to our my Modified BB (walking + an easy exercise that anyone can do), BB Mile, BB 3-Mile or BB 5-Mile on September 9th! Check it out HERE.