Sunshine becomes more abundant in springtime, so it’s logical that springtime is all about growth as growth requires energy.
So, how can you apply this circular model from nature to reach your health & fitness goals?
Well, it’s simple when you think about those two key characteristics of spring: You need to apply energy to make the most of your growth.
1. What are your sources of energy? Plants get theirs from the sun. And guess what? So do you! So, be sure to get outside regularly and soak up some Vitamin D. But what else recharges your batteries? How about:
- Rest and relaxation
- Eating fresh foods in a balanced diet
- Spending time with loved ones
- Feeding your soul with spiritual practices, art, and community ties
- Exercising regularly
2. Where do you want to grow? Think about your goals clearly so you can apply that energy where it’s needed the most. Set a specific goal related to exercise. Maybe choose a local 5K, set a target weight, or adopt a new exercise plan.
- Make a plan of action to exercise, shop, meal prep, etc. to bring those aims alive.
- Let go of lesser priorities and distractions. Energy conservation is an important aspect of resource management.
- Take note of how these growth goals circle back to your sources of energy… that’s its own circle of life, isn’t it?
When you see how your life is like other natural cycles, with repeating patterns, then you can lean into what the world is feeding you, make the most of it, and deliver on your dreams.
Time to soak up some sun and let us know if we can help you on your journey!!